Friday, April 20, 2012

I’m still experiencing Blogger’s Block, but an idea came to me a few minutes ago. I’ve mentioned this before in the blog, and other places, but I’ve decided to push the envelope with my next novel, Footprints of a Dancer, the 3rd book in the Detective Elliot series. I’m about a week away from getting the manuscript into shape so I can send it to my publisher, AWOC Books. http://www.awoc.com
The pushing involves stepping outside previously self-imposed parameters of writing within what I’ve come to know as the Mystery genre, and not so much the breaking away from industry standards.
 What kind of changes are we talking about?
Coming from two different sources, the desire to expand incorporates both religion and fantasy. It’s the same impetus behind the name of my blog, Faith, Fantasy and Fiction. With Footprints, I hope to blend my need and calling to incorporate my Christian faith into the writing, while exploring the style of fiction that drew me into both reading and writing in the first place, that being, speculative, fantasy, paranormal.
Footprints of a Dancer should be released within three months, perhaps sooner.
I sincerely hope that you will follow me in my journey.  If you would like to experience a small sampling of the renaissance, a short story, A Passion for Laura, based on the novel, Footprints, was published in an anthology titled, Mystery in the Wind. I’ve included the link below, as well as links for the first two books in the series.



No comments: